At Compassionate Communication Center of Ohio, we envision a world where people are connecting across differences and resolving conflict nonviolently and collaboratively - not through the use of violence, force or coercion, but instead by connecting with our common humanity and engaging our compassionate nature.
A world, where people find creative and interactive ways to transform their conflicts through a process of communication that connects us across differences in gender, age, race, sexual orientation, religion and political beliefs. A world where peace, mutual respect and compassionate relationships are the norm.
Compassionate (Nonviolent) Communication
promotes a compassionate world where everyone's needs matter!
· Offers life-enriching tools to create an environment where people use communication to exchange the information necessary to resolve their differences peacefully.
· Emphasizes emotional intelligence over intellectual analysis by providing a life-changing way of interacting that facilitates the flow of communication with a focus on universal human needs by employing emotional intelligence in expressing what’s going on in people.
· Raises the bar for communication by relying on objective observations rather than evaluations.
· Avoids making people defend themselves from value-laden judgments by employing clear requests in place of demands.
· Allows everyone to get their needs met on
their own terms without coercion, fear of
retribution, or loss of self-esteem.